When debt collectors cross the line, our attorneys can help.

Get a Free Case Review

Schlee and Stillman Law Office


9712 Belair Rd Ste 203
Nottingham, MD 21236

Contact Them:


Many Americans like you are being contacted by collection agencies who are trying to get payments on defaulted accounts they have acquired or been assigned. Even though you may owe a debt, you still have rights.

You should dispute the debt in writing if you feel as if the dollar amount the collection agency is requesting is inaccurate, if you feel the debt is not owed or if you feel the debt is fraudulent. You can send a letter to the collection agency within thirty days of first being notified of the collection. You should send this letter via certified mail so that you can prove that they received it. In response to your dispute, the collection agency must cease collection activity until they send you some sort of validation of the alleged debt. They can resume their collection efforts again once they produce proof of your debt.

The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”) regulates what debt collection agencies may and may not do. There are many things collection agencies cannot do or say when contacting you. Collection agencies may not:

  • use abusive or obscene language;
  • call before 8am or after 9pm;
  • call you repeatedly;
  • call you at work, if they know that your employer does not permit personal calls;
  • contact any third party and state that you owe a debt;
  • threaten to have you arrested or imprisoned.

    If any of these things occur, your best option is to consult with a consumer protection attorney.


    1. Jannifer M. on March 5, 2015 at 8:39 am

      Schlee & Stillman have been trying to collect a higher amount from me then what I truly owe on a Discover account. I was still actively paying Discover, when my account was turned over to collections with Schlee & Stillman. I have tried to no avail to speak with both Discover and Schlee & Stillman about this matter, but continue to get the runaround and no answers.

    2. Sabrina W. on April 21, 2015 at 9:48 pm

      I am due a refund of $1716 from an overpayment of wages that were garnished by Schlee and Stillman. I have spoken to Schlee and Stillman on 5 occasions trying to obtain a refund. A rep from Schlee and Stillman refused to transfer me to a supervisor. Schlee and Stillman initiated a wage garnishment, my assets were seized by my bank for the full amount due, and then I also had an active wage garnishment for my employer. Although a letter of satisfaction was filed at the court and sent to myself and my employer, I am having major difficulty in having my wages returned to my employer by Schlee and Stillman so they can in turn release my wages back to me. The reps at Schlee and Stillman are rude.

    3. Kimberly M. on July 28, 2015 at 9:53 pm

      Schlee and Stillman Law Office owes me a refund from an overpayment of wages that were garnished by them. I have spoken with Schlee and Stillman Law Office multiple times on this and gotten nowhere.

    4. national bank on January 17, 2021 at 8:07 pm

      … [Trackback]

      […] Read More here to that Topic: […]

    5. DevOps companies on February 4, 2021 at 6:00 pm

      … [Trackback]

      […] Read More Information here to that Topic: […]

    6. cabo mexico real estate on February 15, 2021 at 3:21 pm

      … [Trackback]

      […] Information on that Topic: […]

    7. sexualization definition on March 31, 2021 at 1:45 pm

      … [Trackback]

      […] Find More to that Topic: […]

    8. rubber sex dolls for sale on April 2, 2021 at 11:43 am

      … [Trackback]

      […] Find More Information here to that Topic: […]

    9. diamond painting on April 7, 2021 at 12:05 pm

      … [Trackback]

      […] Read More on to that Topic: […]

    10. Mint Juul Pods on April 12, 2021 at 8:12 am

      … [Trackback]

      […] There you can find 36052 additional Info to that Topic: […]

    Share Your Experience

    For security, use of Google's reCAPTCHA service is required which is subject to the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

    I agree to these terms.

    Vullings Law Group, LLC d/b/a VullingsLaw is not responsible for the content of the consumer comments provided here.  Vullings Law neither supports nor provides any opinion as to the statements made herein.