When debt collectors cross the line, our attorneys can help.

Get a Free Case Review

Rushmore Service Center LLC


3820 N Louise Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107-0145

Contact Them:

Phone: (605) 333-6286
Fax: (605) 333-6180

Fact: Pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, it is unlawful for a collection agency to tell you that you have committed a crime.

Many Americans like you are being contacted by collection agencies who are trying to get payments on defaulted accounts they have acquired or been assigned. Even though you may owe a debt, you still have rights.

You should dispute the debt in writing if you feel as if the dollar amount the collection agency is requesting is inaccurate, if you feel the debt is not owed or if you feel the debt is fraudulent. You can send a letter to the collection agency within thirty days of first being notified of the collection. You should send this letter via certified mail so that you can prove that they received it. In response to your dispute, the collection agency must cease collection activity until they send you some sort of validation of the alleged debt. They can resume their collection efforts again once they produce proof of your debt.

The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”) regulates what debt collection agencies may and may not do. There are many things collection agencies cannot do or say when contacting you. Collection agencies may not:

  • use abusive or obscene language;
  • call before 8am or after 9pm;
  • call you repeatedly;
  • call you at work, if they know that your employer does not permit personal calls;
  • contact any third party and state that you owe a debt;
  • threaten to have you arrested or imprisoned.

    If any of these things occur, your best option is to consult with a consumer protection attorney.


    1. laurie nelson on March 30, 2015 at 11:35 pm

      My husband has terminal cancer. I have been on FMLA for a long time. I work 2 days a week for the health insurance. Rushmore collection has been harassing our guards at work. Now they are harassing my daughter at her new apartment. I have an attorney trying to find out more information. Rushmore used accurint and innovis and found all of my children’s address.

    2. Nicole on April 22, 2015 at 1:56 pm

      I called Rushmoore due to a settlement they sent me in the mail. I tried to set up a payment arrangement with them for the settlement and they told me I couldnt, that I had to pay the settlement in full. So I told them that I would send in payments when I could, which I have been doing. Then they kept calling and saying I set up a payment arrangement and I didnt just told them i would send money in when I could. I told them to not contact me anymore and sent them a letter to the address where I’ve sent my payments. Today they called me again.

    3. Ladawn O'Neal on April 12, 2016 at 12:45 pm

      I have called several times since last month requesting documentation stating that I have payment arrangements or made payments on my account. They are refusing both request. I expressed to them that this results in my remaining employed at my job. I need this to keep my job.

    4. Wendy peterson on July 27, 2017 at 9:25 am

      After a major medical procedure which involved billings from multiple providers,While awaiting through litigation between medical provider and health insurance provider an amount apparently became pass due. First notification of account with Rushmore was when summoned to small claims court. Immediately paid account in full to include court costs and over a year of interest. Rushmore claimed letters were sent but none were received through 15 months while medical providers showed 0 balance.

    Share Your Experience

    For security, use of Google's reCAPTCHA service is required which is subject to the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

    I agree to these terms.

    Vullings Law Group, LLC d/b/a VullingsLaw is not responsible for the content of the consumer comments provided here.  Vullings Law neither supports nor provides any opinion as to the statements made herein.